For Most People, Interior Designing Means:
- An aesthetically extraordinary concrete setup.
- A nice blend of vibrant colours.
- Beautifully adorned fenestration.
- Strategically placed furniture.
That is it.
You’d be surprised to know, this is just the cover of the book. An interior designer has a lot more to add to your home or office. A lot more beyond mere aesthetics. It is not just the cosmetic cover; these professionals have to worry about the architectural concerns, too.
What Does An Interior Designer Really Do?
Such a professional is in charge of conjuring up, planning, and choreographing a bare or occupied space in such a way that it turns appealing and utilitarian. His aesthetic schema has to comply with the structural considerations.
His activities should translate into results that abide by the dweller’s personality, taste, preference, and lifestyle. The most difficult part of his job is to include the less glamorous aspects like wiring and air vents into the space without them turning into an eyesore. Lighting and traffic flow are also his concerns; he has to work on these aspects based on the size of the rooms.
To execute his plan, he has to perform a thorough research in studying samples and procuring them. Naturally, this person also must nurture a bond between vendors, artisans, contractors, and all those who take an active part in the project. It’s obvious – this is no cakewalk.
Why Do You Need To Hire An Interior Designer?
It may so happen that you are blessed with an artisan’s mind. You already have the clarity regarding how your residence or office should look. It is most likely that you’ll cast aside the need of professional help. However, what you need to know is space planning requires expertise.
Only an interior designer in Kolkata can breathe life into your bare shell. His eyes are trained; his mind is creative; he is ever striving for quality solutions; most importantly, he is aware of the nitty-gritty of planning and organising spaces.
When Does Hiring A Professional Become Inevitable?
- Your designing project is happening on a shoestring budget: The professional will help you steer clear of costly mistakes. His attempts will also assist in saving money.
- You are not sure of the work and need professional assistance: Yes, a professional will introduce you to a solid plan of action. When he is around, there won’t be any unnecessary additions, and any kind of editing will be done to utmost perfection.
- You don’t know from where to source the materials: The project will demand that you buy quality materials only. For the purpose, you need to have good contacts. If you are unsure of where to procure them from, this professional could come to your rescue.
- Your liaising skills are weak: Your project would need that you convey your thoughts with lucidity to the concerned architect or contractor, lest they miss out on important things in the plan. If your communication skills are weak, consider hiring a designer who can explain your preferences to them.
- You have no time: Remember, you will need to dedicate a lot of time to your project. If you can’t, never step into the task even if you possess nonpareil expertise. Hire someone who’s dedicated to the line of work.
How To Hire The Professional?
- Hire early: Whether you are starting from scratch or just remodelling, you need to involve this person at the earliest stage of the project. In this way, you will be free from all kinds of discrepancies.
- Look for consistency: Client requirements are never alike. Your professional should be able to cater to all needs with equal prowess. For instance, he should be comfortable to work on rustic-looking interiors as well as the most sophisticated of urban spaces.
- Ask the professional to explain the billing process: You need to be aware of what your interior designer will charge you. This is why it is important that you ask him to clarify the bills. In this way, you will be saved from hidden charges and unnecessary payments.
Hope this write-up clears all doubts regarding the hiring of an interior designer. If you have a project coming up, make sure your man fits the needs and displays quality in his work. All the very best. Have happy interiors.